|Good news, everyone! We're thrilled to finally able to update Aven Colony with the new Expedition System.
- The new Expedition System is now live! This becomes available at the end of the Sandy Gulch mission in the campaign
- We've implemented major performance optimizations that should reduce the cost of large colonies significantly, especially when running at faster game speeds. Optimization work is ongoing and more improvements are on the way, but we expect that you should see significantly better performance with larger colonies.
- Campaign missions after Sandy Gulch are now locked until you have completed the previous mission (i.e. completing Sandy Gulch at any difficulty unlocks Azara Falls; completing Azara unlocks Hyla's Crescent, etc).
- Tons of new features, such as the new Wind Turbine and Artifact Containment Unit and tons of improvements to overlay modes and mission objectives.
Also, a few important things to be aware of:
- We've now locked the build on itch.io to new purchases. Everybody currently playing the beta on itch.io (and those streamers & early closed-beta participants playing it on Steam) will continue to be supported, of course. We'll have additional announcements related to this soon, but for now, as we head toward launch, we felt it best to keep our community the same size in order to encourage future customers who aren't yet playing the game to wait for the launch of the full game on Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 a bit later this year.
- Arido Mesa and all subsequent campaign missions are disabled in the current build. The last 5 of the sandbox missions are also currently disabled. Given all the expansions to the existing missions and the addition of the Expedition System, we felt it best to leave this content until the full launch in Q2 of this year (if you happen to have old saved games in Arido Mesa, however, those should still work).
- Saved games in which you hold an artifact at a Research Center may not load properly. This role is now handled by the Artifact Containment Unit building. If you run into issues here, we recommend restarting the mission from a clean slate.
With that in mind, here are the full update notes: