Forums

Grab the Aven Colony demo in the Alienware Indie Game Challenge next week - also, beta 0.1.17858 is now live!  

RSS

Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
20/04/2017 11:17 pm  
Hi everyone!  We have good news for those of you who are on the beta  ...  as well as those who aren't!

If you're not currently playing Aven Colony, now's your chance!  Alienware is hosting Indie Game Challenge #2, and Aven Colony is one of the contestants!

By joining the Alienware Arena (registration is free of charge), you'll be able to download a limited demo version of Aven Colony via Steam (starting on April 24).  More details here:

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1515501/Contest/indie-game-showcase-challenge-take-2

And for those who are already supporting us, THANK YOU again for your trust and support!  If you enjoy the game, you'll be able to show your love by voting for the game on the week of May 8 and help us with that competition.

Also, we've just uploaded version 0.1.17858 for those currently on the Aven Colony beta -- build notes are below.  Please note that we've temporarily disabled languages other than English while we work out some kinks in the localization.

As always, if you notice any bugs that still aren't fixed in this build, or if there are any tuning or balancing changes you'd like to see, please let us know by posting in our forums!

Happy colonizing!

Here are the full update notes:

New Features:

• The Scout Rover now has a small headlight
  • Drop Pod beacons now have small lights that help make them more visible
  • Lander doors now open and close again
  • The Research Center's observatory unit now animates (tier 2 only)
  • Artifacts now have a camera shake and sound effect when activated
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Colony Boosts from showing up in the Powers & Policies panel
  • Colony boosts now have a sound effect when activated and play a particle effect continuously

Art Changes & Optimizations:

• Fixed some visual artifacts on the Hospital
  • Improved foliage texturing
  • New loading screens for Sandy Gulch & Arido Mesa

Tuning / balancing / minor changes:

• All storage facilities now cost fewer Nanites
  • Revamped Crowding morale to scale better with crowded habitats and less with overall population; it also increases more gradually over time
  • Tenari Glacier is now playable at Insane difficulty
  • Vanaar: removed a 2x3-tile rock and marked more tiles as blocked
  • Low food variety now has a smaller morale penalty
  • Low food quality no longer impacts health
  • Better trade ratios for all sandbox missions
  • Dramatically improved the ratio for service bots & consumer goods vs Nanites; makes these contracts much more worthwhile
  • Arido Mesa: added more iron & zorium deposits around the outside; also significantly improved the blocked 
  • Arido Mesa: fixed various bugs with scripting that caused 5 mission objectives to want to appear when we only support 4, causing one to get bumped
  • Changed the ResolutionQuality to increase/decrease in steps of 10 between 70% (Low) and 100% (High)
  • "Score" calculations adjusted to account for completed expedition POIs
  • Lots of additional morale tuning
  • Expeditions: Guardian robots now take a small amount of damage in battle even when they lose (2-4% of overall health)

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a hang bug after a building is destroyed by the creep
  • Fixed the water rate of change indicator, which was not working properly
  • Fixes to some cases where it was sometimes possible to get more than 4 artifacts from expeditions in a sandbox map
  • Colony Boosts in the Powers & Policies pane now grey out when you don't have enough power in batteries to use them
  • Fixed the "Granite License error" some users were encountering
  • Fixed bug with Veronika's audio fading out when she addressed you as rank Chancellor or higher in the campaign mission picker
  • Fixed an occasional 1-frame glitch when SHIPE started up after another call
  • When you lose an ACU with an artifact, the corresponding policy now disappears from the policies list.
  • Added a minimum delay between "Plague Spore Entered Colony" notifications
  • Fixed Crowding morale not appearing in the Stats dialog
  • Fixed Crowding morale not being saving properly when you save the game
  • We no longer issue "Can't Get Workers" notifications on buildings whose worker priority was set to Low, since the player obviously doesn't care about that in that case
  • Arido Mesa: fixes to camera collision
  • Fixed bug where if you looked at the Aggregate Morale panel on the Colony Control Panel immediately upon starting a game, "jobs filled" would incorrectly report 0
  • Fixed issues with building lights being visible when being placed
  • Fixed issues with building lights NOT being visible after loading a save game
  • Fixed occasional bugs with incorrect crop types being selected when placing Farms / Greenhouses
  • Expedition ships now check once per second while landed to see if they can transfer any cargo, passengers, or artifacts back to the colony
  • You can now remove a waypoint for returning to the colony itself
Thank you for being part of the Aven Colony community!

Paul Tozour & the Mothership Entertainment team

ReplyQuote
Thaliruth
21/04/2017 4:26 am  

Was the German LOKO removed again? The game now starts in English, and has no way to change it

ReplyQuote
delta318
24/04/2017 11:27 pm  

i had to register just to say how much this sucked. i read this post thinking how great it would be to finally give this game a try! i have been wanting to play this game and was planning on purchasing it when it was officially released on steam.

i created a whole account on the alienware place just for this one thing and joined the group. i waited patiently and then...

Keys are only available for members that are Level 10+.

thanks for getting my hopes up and then crushing them.

ReplyQuote
gamma
25/04/2017 3:01 am  

I am also very sad that the demo is locked out, that wasn't stated in the original post. 🙁

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
25/04/2017 7:49 pm  

Heya guys -- hang in there!  I'm pretty sure Alienware will soon be giving out keys to everyone regardless of level.  We just handed them a bunch of new Steam keys so they can do exactly that.

It was a surprise to us that Alienware decided to gate the key distribution based on level; I'm fairly certain that this is just a temporary reward for their top-level members before they make it available to everyone.

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
25/04/2017 9:34 pm  

Ok, we have been assured that the level cap for downloading Aven Colony via the Alienware Arena Indie Challenge will be lowered next week.

Also, we're assured that in the long run, everyone who signs up for Alienware Arena will be able to download Aven Colony regardless of level.

ReplyQuote
delta318
26/04/2017 2:23 pm  

thank you for the update!

ReplyQuote
delta318
27/04/2017 4:32 pm  

demo keys have been reduced to:

Keys are only available for members that are Level 5+.

hopefully next week they are available to everyone like you guys said since they have already dropped them down.

ReplyQuote
delta318
29/04/2017 3:59 am  

Aven Demo keys available!

I just got my demo key and am installing. It stated there were still 6000+ keys when I got mine and there was no level restrictions. 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register