Forums

Apartments - Low Occupancy  

RSS

Miraak
Eminent Member
17/09/2016 12:52 pm  

That's probably not working correct. When I have an apartment and set it to low occupancy, no colonists will move in or all move out when there are other apartments with free space nearby so this apartment will stay completely empty all the time. The question is: is that a correct behaviour and you want it that way or is that a bug and there should stay at least few colonists in that apartment - of course less as in other apartments.

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
17/09/2016 7:20 pm  

It really depends on your colony.  If the Apartment is closer to workers' job sites, they'll go there despite it being set to "Low Occupancy."  But if they're unemployed, or if it isn't closer, they won't move there unless there's no other housing available.  Does that make sense?

You should be able to see this easily.  Start a game in campaign Vanaar, build a Geothermal Generator, and place an Apartment near it.  You'll find that the workers at the Geothermal want to move there even if you set it to "Low Occupancy."

ReplyQuote
Miraak
Eminent Member
17/09/2016 7:29 pm  

Sure, it makes sense. I was just wondering if it's correct or not 🙂 I have had two apartments right next to each other and did set one of them to low occupancy and all colonists were moving out. That's why I asked if this is a correct behaviour or not. But now I know it's correct 🙂

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register