Forums

Creep destruction and population protests  

RSS

Mace166
31/12/2016 3:42 pm  

Hello, I have been playing a few levels and had 2 issues today which resulted in my having to restart a mission. These were:

When my food ran too low, the entire colony protested and refused to work. This resulted in no power, no trade and ultimately everybody died. I feel this response for a colony of over 100 was too much. I would still expect workers to go about "life critical" roles like generating power etc.

The next was a creep infection. I am not sure how, but the creep spores attacked on mass and despite creating the scrubber towers, they destroyer something that resulted in a "no construction drones" message when I tried to build anything. I still had construction control towers, but it prevented me from doing anything.

Other than that, it is good and I am enjoying the game.

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
07/01/2017 5:41 pm  

Thanks for the feedback!

It's definitely possible to get into a "death spiral" where low productivity and unhappiness feed into each other.  We'll be continuing to tune and tweak this mechanic up to launch but at the same time, avoiding this death spiral is definitely an intended part of the gameplay.

As for the creepers depriving your colony of construction drones -- were the construction towers infected, or did they lose power, maybe?  Were they in range of the scrubber drone stations, and did the scrubber drone stations have power?

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register