Forums

Automated repair facility, or a repair all button  

RSS

Galamere
29/08/2016 3:02 am  

As the topic says, currently I'm watching Deejay Knight stream the game, and there was a massive ice storm that damaged a lot of his colony.  But looking at it, it looks a bit tedious to me having to click the individual buildings.  Having an automated repair facility or maybe just a repair all button (Or a drag box) may be a good idea.

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
29/08/2016 2:49 pm  
Posted by: Galamere

As the topic says, currently I'm watching Deejay Knight stream the game, and there was a massive ice storm that damaged a lot of his colony.  But looking at it, it looks a bit tedious to me having to click the individual buildings.  Having an automated repair facility or maybe just a repair all button (Or a drag box) may be a good idea.

Yeah, that was a good stream!  There is, in fact, a Drone Auto-Repair social policy that you can enable; I don't think DJK had found this yet.  Also, we're going to nerf shard storms a bit this week.

ReplyQuote
Vexare
08/09/2016 2:25 pm  
Posted by: Paul Tozour  

There is, in fact, a Drone Auto-Repair social policy that you can enable; I don't think DJK had found this yet.  Also, we're going to nerf shard storms a bit this week.

Ahh! I need to find this social policy ... and why is it a social policy? Construction priorities / policies seem more appropriate unless that's not a category. I'm still learning (just completed Vanaar) so I don't know all of them yet. 

I was going to make a separate post for this but I think it fits here in this one best:

Please consider adding repair interface management to the two tutorial scenarios because I got mid-way into Vanaar without having ever seen repair indicators and I had no clue what they were at first until I fumbled around with them a bit to figure out why all my buildings were suddenly showing them and then breaking. It should be intuitive I guess but I didn't pick up on that right away so I think it's worth considering as part of tutorial mode especially as critical as it can get if you ignore the warnings and everything starts breaking at once. 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register