Forums

Borderless Fullscreen, Vsync  

RSS

Mansen
09/09/2016 10:48 am  

I am more than a little surprised that the game doesn't offer Borderless or Vsync this late in development. Not using dedicated fullscreen's been an industry standard for many years by now (To avoid having to wait for so long if you tab out of the game), and Vsync (or an FPS limiter) are just common sense.

You really need to get these into the game asap - I'm forced to use Windowed (which doesn't even render the full 1080 screen) and force Vsync like behaviour in my GPU suite (Which is never a good idea for stability)

ReplyQuote
SRombauts
11/09/2016 2:27 pm  
  • V-Sync: we need this asap, for sure! I own a 980 Ti that I never heard so loudly previously; it is indeed producing 250W of heat to render far more frames than my 60Hz monitor really needs.
  • From my first session, I think the "alt-tab" beahvior of this game is perfect, so for me Borderless Window mode would be of no use.

Cheers!

Edited: 11 months  ago

Unreal Engine 4 hacker, author of the Git Source Control Plugin

@SRombauts on Twitter

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
11/09/2016 8:39 pm  

Have you tried forcing vsync via the CCC or Nvidia Control Panel?

just on a personal note the whole "frame limiter" Thing is totally overblown. Just because ONE journalist with a crappy computer that had terrible ventilation overheated their GPU doesn't mean that we suddenly need it everywhere. Overheating  is a cooling problem not a game problem imho.

Edited: 11 months  ago

Wherever you go there you are

ReplyQuote
bluesaka111
Eminent Member
11/09/2016 8:58 pm  

there 1 setting inside GameUserSettings.ini that can limit your frame rate (replace value to True or true of this config key: bUseVSync)

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register