Forums

Building better worlds ...  

RSS

MrData
16/09/2016 10:17 am  

First of all: I love this game! Man, I have waited so long for a game like this ... I love the "Tropico"-series and Sci-Fi. Aven Colony is the perfect combination of both.

So here are my suggestion to make this game even more awesome.

My main topic and suggestion is: dont stuck on Aven Prime. For the first part of the campaign, I think colonies on Aven Prime are the main part and a good fit. As the game / campaign goes on, the range should spread further. I mean maybe first on a moon around Aven Prime then a planet near and then planets more far away.

How can this be involved?

After all colonies on Aven Prime are founded, you can activate a galaxy map with Aven Prime in the middle or so. After this you can select the next moon or planet to be colonized. Also I would bind the savegames of "old" colonies on these map (dottings on the planets with info pop-ups) so that you can play with these colonies whole game /campaign long and they are integrated in the gaming experience (not just savegames). So you can take a look on what you have reached some time ago and you have something like a timeline.

On new planets the possibilities are endless:

• new alien lifeforms / species (maybe some alien artifacts where you can build archeological structures who give benifits)
  • new environments (gaia planets, desert planets, tundra planets, barren planets, ...)
  • new incidents (vulcanic activities, flooding, ...)

As developer you can benifit from this as DLC content. Also it keeps the game alive if you announce these DLCs and everbody cheers for new content. ;-D

Greetings!

llama liked
ReplyQuote
llama
16/09/2016 10:35 pm  

This.

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
17/09/2016 7:36 pm  

Heya Mr. Data!

The initial launch of the game will all be on Aven Prime, but we definitely, absolutely want to expand to other worlds in the future, as soon as we can.  New planets, new moons, all sorts of different biomes, all sorts of things -- that's always been on our wish list!

I can't say when that will happen or if it will be in DLC / expansions / sequels; all I can say is that it's always been one of our goals and it's only a matter of having the development resources to make it happen.

MrData liked
ReplyQuote
MrData
18/09/2016 10:03 am  

I'm glad to hear that! 🙂

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register