Forums

Idea to improve Late Game : build Wonders (big, expensive and chalenging)  

RSS

SRombauts
14/09/2016 12:56 pm  

Hi!

Let me start this by saying that I am rely excited by the game potential... Moreover, I've already been enjoying every hours spent in the current build! I love

I've also read the blog post on Unreal Engine website, and I love the fact that you (as game designer) want to keep the scope away from the usual "feature creep".

Thus, I believe that a way to add challenges and motivation to the Late Game could be "as simple as" adding very big, marvelous, hard to build and costly to maintain buildings (aka "Wonders"). As a side note, it could be related to condition of victory for campaign mode.

I am aware that there is presently on big costly building (condition of victory for the first mission on Vanaar) but I am talking about taking the next step!

Cheers!

Unreal Engine 4 hacker, author of the Git Source Control Plugin

@SRombauts on Twitter

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
14/09/2016 7:06 pm  

Thanks so much for the kind words, SRombauts!

We do, in fact, consider the Earth History Center to be a "wonder."  We're looking at what additional wonder-scale structures we can add during the beta -- and are absolutely open to suggestions 😉

So, we are 100% on board with this, and it all comes down to what we can do with the time and resources available.

In fact, we plan to make this a structural category of its own once there's another wonder available in the game besides just the Earth History Center.

Edited: 11 months  ago

ReplyQuote
SRombauts
15/09/2016 12:50 pm  

Nice!

Also, item on that category could implement a "unlock" mechanism, that is a condition (on population?) to become available.

Cheers!

Unreal Engine 4 hacker, author of the Git Source Control Plugin

@SRombauts on Twitter

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register