Forums

Some Feedback and Suggestions  

RSS

Miraak
Eminent Member
11/09/2016 3:11 pm  

After playing a few hours I think it's time for a feedback. Mostly I played the sandbox mode to build up a big colony.

The game get very laggy while building new objects after you reached a bigger colony. Placing new objects takes a lot of time and it's much more worse when trying to build new farms or greenhouses.

In my opinion there should be another possibility to produce electricity. For example I have a colony with about 400 people and I can build only two geothermal facilities on that map. To have enough power I needed to build 71 solar panels. That's a lot. For each new building I would need to drop two more solar panels to have enough power during the winter. The batteries are more or less useless because you need to switch their mode manually. That means I would need to switch about 15 - 20 batteries twice a year. When you forget that, you will loose all power in the next winter. The same is for the zorium generator. When you want to play for hours you can't use it because it will come to the point you don't have recourses anymore and then the game will be over. So either there would be another facility to generate power or there would be a possibility to recharge the resources.

Then we come to the mill. Right now it's not possible to produce more than one product which need Flour as input resource. And there a lot who would need that. The Flour you produce will be applied to the first resource in the production list and you don't have enough for the rest of the products. Even the idea to build more than one mill doesn't help because they use one and the same production list. That's pitty. I think it would be great to have one production list for each mill. Then it would be possible to produce more resources who need Flour.

Now to the research center. This building doesn't have anything to do once you researched everything. You could destroy it. But why should I do that? Maybe it would be good to research all the things again and again. If you don't research something, you can't use it anymore. Sure, you could end up in some trouble in that case but it would be up to you to handle that.

Greenhouse have a little strange behaviour. When you use the overlay to check the resources and set it for expample to Melons, then picking a greenhouse and drop it onto the map, the greenhouse isn't producing Melons, it's producing Rice ๐Ÿ˜‰ You need to select Melons again once you picked up the greenhouse.

My games are still frequently crashing after a while. I didn't have much problems with the campaigns, maybe because you can't play them for long enough. Except few exceptions I couldn't reproduce the crashes. They just happen at different times and even when I do absolutely nothing. It's not possible for me to tell when and why it happen. But it's getting more worse the bigger the colony grow. The support have already few of those save games and one is also attached to this post.

And last but not least... I would like to disable the automatically edge scrolling because I like to have the game in window mode and let it work while I do something else. But every time I switch the window, the map is moving to one of the edges. Ok, there is a little trick do prevent that but it would be nice to disable the edge scrolling ๐Ÿ™‚

Maybe some more feedback will come soon but for now that's it.

ReplyQuote
tokyodan
12/09/2016 3:04 am  
Posted by: Miraak
And last but not least... I would like to disable the automatically edge scrolling because I like to have the game in window mode and let it work while I do something else. But every time I switch the window, the map is moving to one of the edges.

ย  ย 

I was about to buy this game but changed my mind due to there's no way to disable edge-scrolling. That is ย my 2nd biggest pet peeve in video games. The 1st is not being able to turn off the music independent of the other sound effects.

ReplyQuote
Miraak
Eminent Member
12/09/2016 6:39 am  

I found a possibility in the game ini file. There you can not only set the mouse edge speed to zero, you can also set the keeping mouse focus to false ๐Ÿ™‚ So now it's working fine for me and I don't even need to switch the windows with the tab key. Just moving the mouse out of the window works great and the map isn't moving anymore to the edges. Maybe the developer can put that into the game itself to set the option right there instead of editing the game ini ๐Ÿ™‚

tokyodan liked
ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
12/09/2016 6:50 pm  

Hi Miraak! ย A bit short on time at the moment but I can state the following:

• We're aware of the lag issues with larger colonies and we're working to resolve those.
  • We're also working to fix the stability issues right now.
  • Electricity: the lightning tower should help with this; we're also considering other power-generating building or further tweaks to the ones we currentlyย have.
  • Research Center: we're working on changes that should increase the utility of this building during beta.
  • Greenhouse: that sounds like a bug; we'll investigate.
  • Edge scrolling -- no guarantees, but we'll look at adding an option to prevent that.
Edited: 11 months  ago

ReplyQuote
SRombauts
12/09/2016 8:45 pm  
Posted by: Miraak

Greenhouse have a little strange behaviour. When you use the overlay to check the resources and set it for expample to Melons, then picking a greenhouse and drop it onto the map, the greenhouse isn't producing Melons, it's producing Rice ๐Ÿ˜‰ You need to select Melons again once you picked up the greenhouse.

ย ย 

Seeing that myself today for the first time after I loaded my savegame from yesterday (no idea if its a problem showing on a new game)

Unreal Engine 4 hacker, author of the Git Source Control Plugin

@SRombauts on Twitter

ReplyQuote
Miraak
Eminent Member
14/09/2016 8:56 pm  

So, after playing few hours with the new update I can tell it works ๐Ÿ™‚ at least so far. I was able to reach 600 people in my colony and no crash. That's about double than before so I am happy you found that bug and I don't crash before I could reach 300 people. The performance is significant better and that's really nice but would be great if it could be even more improved ๐Ÿ™‚

But I would also like to give some more suggestions: Please... have a separate production list for the mill and chemical planet. I am constantly working on the balance with 3 chemical plants. They produce almost enough drugs for my people but when I let them produce some food as well, I will run out of resources for the food because all 3 plants will produce them. I could increase the farms... yes, but then I will have more people who will also need more drugs - you see?

Then the Quori Spores are too much in the output of the farm or too less used as resource. I have only one greenhous which is producing them and I reduced the worker down to 4 and still... it's filling up my inventory with it. There are only two products where I can use the spores - at least I haven't seen more. Output of the greenhouse: about 12-13 / hour. Producing beans and pie in one full upgraded mill with full workers. Inventory of spores 15.000 and growing. Beans: 1300 and Pie 1300 too. Right now 584 people consuming them. When I would be able to have a seprarate production list, I could manage that better with more than one mill. But when I build a second one, to reduce the spores, I will run out of resources for the rest of the production list.

The Flour output should be a little bit increased. It's ok to produce flour and to use it for Xeno Spice Bread and Quori Pie. But I can't add a third product nor I could use the flour for a second product, when I produce Bread. Bread is using all of the flour. So flour output should be increased or bread should use less of it. Or to have a separate production list^^ ๐Ÿ™‚

And just to tell again - great work and a nice game. I like it.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register