Forums

suggestions: solar farm viability and incentive for trade/hospitals etc.  

RSS

Potato
28/01/2017 8:13 pm  

Hi. I've been playing the beta for awhile, can't wait to see what the official release will be like, since the beta already made me sink a huge chunk of my time! 🙂

After playing on every map on normal, I feel that some structures may be A LOT better than several other options available to the players, making those less-efficient options redundant. 

1. Solar Panels

Although this may actually be a game design choice, building a solar farm can be really punishing during the winter, considering its high nanite cost of individual solar panels (with respect to geothermal). I like the idea of expanding for geothermal generator and saving up for zorium generator, but I wish the solar farm option was more viable. Maybe increase in efficiency during winter/reduction in nanite cost or perhaps increase in  power generated would help address this issue.

2. Trade

Other than the quest line asking you to export or import goods, my experience with trading posts have been really dull. I really liked that one map where I had to rely on trading to keep my food supply up, but if something like schematics for new structures or upgrades or other exciting things were available through trading, It would make the game more interesting as it would give me one more thing to carefully plan out and look after.

3. Hospitals/Scrubber drone hub/Cannons 

In my opinion, the cannons are way too overpowered. They do too good of a job in everything they do, to the degree that I found hospitals (for plague spore) and Scrubber hub (for creep) obsolete.  

4. Transport

I know other people have also suggested this, but I too wish there were some options I can go to for later-game phase where I might have enough nanite to spend to further increase the efficiency of my colony. Option to upgrade the tunnel or perhaps seperate transport structure altogether or some policy to improve commute level of those angry workers might be interesting to see in later version of beta. 

5. Battery QoL

^this. I think I know you guys are working on this already. But I'm just raising my hand on this to show you that I want this too! 😀

6. Mini Map

As the colony expands wide and vast to grab all those resources and drop pods, it gets kind of too large to navigate comfortably. I think implementation of mini map might solve this issue.

7. Hospitals (Again)

I wish my colonists well, but I wish there were more things that makes me want to get hospitals around my colony. Maybe some random flu outbreak or increases other QoL things for my colonists etc. 

Man, I cannot wait till that long-term colony thing you guys said was in development. I really like the sandbox mode but it feels wee bit empty as of now. 

ReplyQuote
LZIM
 LZIM
Eminent Member
29/01/2017 1:53 am  

1. Power is a balancing act. You don't need to build solar at all or batteries. You can just build geothermal and switch them to steam recovery when you can build Zorium. Solar could be even more 'expensive' and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

2. Trading.... sigh..

3. If you waste money building them before you have to.

4. One of the problems with transport idea which does come up very often and the building of said transportation network with the game as is is that it really would be stupidly expensive given you don't have that much in the way of available resources. I can't speak for everyone that has tried the beta but it becomes very apparent very quickly that even after you get the workforce the game ends. You can't do anything with them. There's no resources left and the play areas are way too tiny to make a transportation network viable or necessary AND all of the resources and things that matter aren't real. Everything including the colonists are just numbers in the background.

6. best model to date is still Annihilation (Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander, Planetary Annihilation) games because it is an active mini map, more of a picture in picture.

7. Psychiatric care? If colonists get too stressed out which they do, they should be able to take their meds at the hospital? Extra thing you can make other than antivirals could be something expensive that lets them not stress out when they are really mad or once you declare martial law to get them back to work and thwart a death spiral.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register