Forums

Waste and Recycling  

RSS

Minersmall
10/09/2016 1:28 pm  

Just a though but i thought a waste system ought to be brought in, so maybe has a cheap disposal plant and then a recycling centre that produces a few nanites and water, the more waste the more produced. I think this would make it that bit better but i would just like to say, this is possibly the best game of 2016! 

ReplyQuote
Minersmall
10/09/2016 1:30 pm  

Oh my gosh im so sorry for spam 🙁 my internet is bad and i just clicked 4 times because it wasnt doing anything

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
10/09/2016 5:57 pm  
Posted by: Minersmall

Just a though but i thought a waste system ought to be brought in, so maybe has a cheap disposal plant and then a recycling centre that produces a few nanites and water, the more waste the more produced. I think this would make it that bit better but i would just like to say, this is possibly the best game of 2016! 

Thanks so much for the suggestion, and the compliment!  🙂

We used to have a waste recycling facility in the game at one point that generated "biomass;" we may bring it back again.  Right now we're focusing our further development efforts on the late-game; we have art for lightning towers and plasma turrets that we need to implement, and we're looking at adding more buildings to the later stages of gameplay.  But we'll definitely keep this on our list and see if we can make it a priority!  😀

ReplyQuote
SRombauts
11/09/2016 7:50 pm  

Well, regarding late-game, a recycling facility could be a way to add challenges; it could be required after a certain amount of population to help increase life quality/population happiness.

For instance, biomass could be required to grow some of the crops, and that could help with food diversity.

Unreal Engine 4 hacker, author of the Git Source Control Plugin

@SRombauts on Twitter

ReplyQuote
bluesaka111
Eminent Member
11/09/2016 9:08 pm  

^ no, just no. Instead allow to transform human organic wastes into fertilizer to speed up farm production rate and generate a small amount of power is better.

ReplyQuote
Miraak
Eminent Member
12/09/2016 6:32 am  
Posted by: bluesaka111

^ no, just no. Instead allow to transform human organic wastes into fertilizer to speed up farm production rate and generate a small amount of power is better.

The farm production rate might be ok. You can already push it by resources - if needed. But I fully support the idea of having more power 🙂

ReplyQuote
bluesaka111
Eminent Member
12/09/2016 8:52 am  

^ then which map did you play? If you play 2 map Avaana and Hyla then you correct, farm production rate is enough and you don't have to build greenhouse to grow food during winter. Buuuuuuuuuuuut~ other map like Sandy, Azara, Crest only have a small farm zone, especially Azara and crest: Zone you can grow food are small and winter more extreme than the rest so without Greenhouse you won't be able to survive in winter. And since Greenhouse production are not high enough (lower than T3 farm) so you will need a lot fertilizer to be able to keep your "food consumption per colonist" stay above Average or you will have big trouble.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register