Forums

4k Screenshot: Sandy Gulch  

RSS

Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
31/08/2016 11:10 pm  

Our Media page didn't seem to want to post this at the original 4k (3840x2160) resolution, so I'm attaching it here. 

ReplyQuote
bluesaka111
Eminent Member
06/09/2016 11:12 pm  

Very beautiful, but i think Habitat & Skyscraper take more space than it should.

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
06/09/2016 11:25 pm  

They've always been intended to be very large buildings; they need to be big to fit that many colonists.  You can always stick with smaller buildings if you like 😉

ReplyQuote
Moocats
07/09/2016 9:34 am  

Looking very nice so far. Shadows need some work though. I must say this is a promising glimpse at the future for this game.

ReplyQuote
bluesaka111
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 1:58 pm  
Posted by: Paul Tozour

They've always been intended to be very large buildings; they need to be big to fit that many colonists.  You can always stick with smaller buildings if you like ;

I mean the ground of the skyscraper, because even upgrade to T3 what those skyscraper have only 4 palm (or coconut) tree and its look somewhat lifeless, lack of energy. So i think it could be better if you can add a transparent dome that cover the ground and adds some features to make it more life in future update 🙂 .

ReplyQuote
SRombauts
11/09/2016 1:33 pm  
Posted by: Moocats

Looking very nice so far. Shadows need some work though. I must say this is a promising glimpse at the future for this game.

Oh, yes, I've doubled check the shadows: it seems that presently only buildings and drones are casting real shadows, while "foliage" stuffs does only get a "blob" thing to ground them to the landscape.

I perfectly understand that this is a compromise for obvious performance reasons, but could we get a graphic option to improve this if our hardware can stand it?

Unreal Engine 4 hacker, author of the Git Source Control Plugin

@SRombauts on Twitter

ReplyQuote
SRombauts
11/09/2016 2:07 pm  

Ok, so in fact in the current Beta version of the game shadows are working perfectly!

Here is a screenshot of Vanaar in 2K showing nice soft shadows 🙂

Unreal Engine 4 hacker, author of the Git Source Control Plugin

@SRombauts on Twitter

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register