Forums

Buying the game  

RSS

Sarius32
07/09/2016 7:21 pm  

Dear developers,

Is there any possibility to buy the game otherwise. I probably have no problem with buying Aven Colony on itch.io but I have no PayPal account and I won't create one just for buting the game. So can I buy it with especially PaySafe Cards or so.

Please give me and other people who like this game too a chance to buy it otherwise.

Thanks for reading and hopefully helping at this problem...

Edited: 11 months  ago

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 7:24 pm  

That's fundamentally limited by what itch.io supports which is PayPal and Stripe

https://itch.io/docs/creators/payments

Its not something that the developers directly control

Wherever you go there you are

ReplyQuote
Eileithia
07/09/2016 8:55 pm  

Also, you do not need to create a paypal account to pay via paypal.  They will act purely as a credit card processor if you choose the "Pay by Credit Card" method on the first screen.

Hargir liked
ReplyQuote
Hargir
07/09/2016 9:58 pm  
Posted by: Eileithia

Also, you do not need to create a paypal account to pay via paypal.  They will act purely as a credit card processor if you choose the "Pay by Credit Card" method on the first screen.

Very true!

Edited: 11 months  ago

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
08/09/2016 12:57 am  
Posted by: Hargir

Very true!

This is 'technically' true. But since the OP wants to use PaySafeCard, its a safe bet they don't have a credit card in the first place, since that's the primary reason customers use services like PaySafeCard. Because they don't have access to a credit card for whatever reason (mistrust of banks, difficult to obtain, etc). Heck it requires a minor act of god to get a credit card in Japan

ReplyQuote
Sarius32
08/09/2016 5:42 pm  

So, my main problem isn't using a credit card instead of having one. And probably the developers can change thing like payment. I just asked for a solution for buying the game via PaySafe Card, so that more people can play this nice game. ;-(

ReplyQuote
Eileithia
08/09/2016 6:02 pm  
Posted by: Sarius32

So, my main problem isn't using a credit card instead of having one. And probably the developers can change thing like payment. I just asked for a solution for buying the game via PaySafe Card, so that more people can play this nice game. ;-(

Ahh.  Well, unfortunately, the developer doesn't have any choice over which payment methods Itch.io uses.  If you don't have a credit card, I know PayPal accepts pre-paid Visa/Mastercard which you can pick up pretty much anywhere. Same sort of solution if you want to pay cash.

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
08/09/2016 6:48 pm  
Posted by: Sarius32

itch.io only supports PayPal and Stripe so those are the payment options for now

When the game releases on Steam, then you can use PaySafeCards assuming those are supported in your region on Steam

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register