Forums

Game downloads, Will not install  

Page 1 / 3 Next
  RSS

cyb3rmongo
07/09/2016 7:53 pm  

I paid for and downloaded the game via itch.io, downloaded the itch app.  It says install, I downloaded it, it still says install.  When I click on Install it goes to downloading then it says installing, then it starts the process all over again.  Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I also downloaded and installed sleepthrough, it worked fine.  After it installed I get the launch Icon under the thumbnail in library.  Any help would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 7:57 pm  

Try running the itch.io program as an administartor

Also do you have enough disk space on you computer? The default place itch.io installs is like %appdata% on your c:\

Wherever you go there you are

ReplyQuote
cyb3rmongo
07/09/2016 8:02 pm  

I have plenty of room on my PC, well over 6TB total, but the location I am installing on has 1.5TB.  I tried running as Admin also, no luck.  I am going to delete the download and try again.

ReplyQuote
cyb3rmongo
07/09/2016 8:05 pm  

I did change the default install location, I wonder if this will adversely affect the install of the game.  If it doesn't work this time, I will change the install location back to the original under \appdata\

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 8:05 pm  

Possible your AV is causing the exe installer to be flagged perhaps?

Also I assume you're running a 64-bit OS? I'm not 100% sure if the game requires 64-bit or not

Edited: 11 months  ago

ReplyQuote
cyb3rmongo
07/09/2016 8:14 pm  

Let me give you a bit of a background on myself also.  I own and operate a computer repair, networking and custom gaming build shop.  CyberNerd PC.  I have checked my AV, it is not blocking anything, I have shutoff the firewall, I am running 64bit OS and supersede the specs that the game requires.  I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem, if not, I will try to figure it out and then post the solution when I figure it out.  If someone else hasn't already done so.

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 8:20 pm  

I cant really assume too much about people's expertise so generally I start with 'the basics'. Not much point in telling someone to edit registry keys if they think the cd-tray is a cup holder.

The downloads goes into %appdata%/Roaming/itch/Downloads so you can at least check if the installer zip is there

The game then gets put into %appdata%/Roaming/itch/apps (default location)

I'd check that downloads directory fro the installer zip. Then try extracting it manually.

ReplyQuote
cyb3rmongo
07/09/2016 8:22 pm  

LOL, you read my mind.  I was just doing that and extracting it manually when I read this.

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 8:24 pm  

Great minds think alike 😉

ReplyQuote
cyb3rmongo
07/09/2016 8:29 pm  

hey satoru, can I ask you a favor.  Could you take a screenshot/pic of your itch/apps folder and then one of your itch/downloads folder for me?  Just the area where AvenColony would reside.

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 8:36 pm  

Assuming you take the defaults for the itch.io app everything is in here. Using the %appdata% shortcut in Explorer you then just need to hit the Roaming/itch folder.

the "downloads" folder is where the zip file will go. I don't think you can change what folder this goes in.

the "apps" folder is where the game itself is installs. If you changed the default setting for this then you'd have to look into whatever folder you put for that.

If you have like winzip/winrar or something you could try to ensure that the zip file you have has good interity

I guess the only other thing might be FAT32 file system issue? Though i'd be shocked if you were still running anything that archaic.

ReplyQuote
cyb3rmongo
07/09/2016 8:37 pm  

Thank you for that, right now, I just bypassed itch and am using the game through the extracted directory.

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 8:38 pm  

So the game works through the extracted folder directly but not if you launch it from the itch.io app?

ReplyQuote
cyb3rmongo
07/09/2016 8:39 pm  

lol, no im not running nothing that old.  I have Windows 10 x64, 32GB 1866 RAM, 390x gpu, fx-8350 cpu.  the system is about 4.5 years old but it still does 60fps on all my games.

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 8:42 pm  

I guess the only other thing I can think of is if you enabled that experimental 'sandbox' feature in the itch.io app?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3 Next

Working

Please Login or Register