Forums

Game downloads, Will not install  

Page 2 / 3 Prev Next
  RSS

cyb3rmongo
07/09/2016 8:42 pm  

correct, something is going on in itch.  I am thinking it has to do with that I changed the download folder location after i downloaded but before i installed the game.  After work I will check it out and see if i can fix it, pretty sure I can, but have to go train this guy right now. He's been waiting for about 30 minutes now, i am such a bad boss sometimes, lol.

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 8:45 pm  

Hey boss uhhh are we going to do that training thing?

GOD shut up! These colonists are going to DIE without me! I mean uh... yeah just compiling some important stuff right now gimme a sec...

Not like I can talk. I'm at work and can't install the game but be posting on the forums 😉

Edited: 11 months  ago

Wherever you go there you are

ReplyQuote
SugeBearX
07/09/2016 8:46 pm  

I am having the same problem. The game downloaded and when it was done, the install button shows up in my library instead of the Launch button.

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 8:48 pm  

Interesting.

SugeBearX have you tried seeing if the game is extracted in the %appdata%/roaming/itch/app directory? And running the game directly from there instead of via itch?

ReplyQuote
SugeBearX
07/09/2016 8:58 pm  

In the process of doing this now. I changed my install folder. (My SD is overfull 🙂  )

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
07/09/2016 9:04 pm  

Hi guys -- the problem is on our end.  Fixing now -- our apologies!

In the meantime, you can look for AvenColony.exe on your hard drive and just run that manually!

cyb3rmongo liked
ReplyQuote
cyb3rmongo
07/09/2016 9:10 pm  

Thank you Paul, I was going nuts trying to figure it out.  I am a problem solver and wouldn't have rested tonight until I got it figured out.  BTW, love this game, recommending it to everyone.

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
07/09/2016 9:20 pm  
Posted by: cyb3rmongo

Thank you Paul, I was going nuts trying to figure it out.  I am a problem solver and wouldn't have rested tonight until I got it figured out.  BTW, love this game, recommending it to everyone.

Thanks so much, cyb3rmongo, and our apologies to everyone for this issue!  We'll have it nailed down shortly.

cyb3rmongo liked
ReplyQuote
hugbee
07/09/2016 10:39 pm  

ive download this game a few times on itch wont install tryed the unpack manualy wont unpack downloaded to hdd bypassing itch tryed to unpack failed again got in to the zipfolder and only a manifest.txt file is there WFT IS GOING ON 

Edited: 11 months  ago

ReplyQuote
cyb3rmongo
07/09/2016 11:11 pm  

try to download winrar, there is a free trial, once the game downloads you can use that to unpack it.  Once unpacked it will run fine.

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
07/09/2016 11:14 pm  
Posted by: hugbee

ive download this game a few times on itch wont install tryed the unpack manualy wont unpack downloaded to hdd bypassing itch tryed to unpack failed again got in to the zipfolder and only a manifest.txt file is there WFT IS GOING ON   

Hmm, there should definitely be more than a manifest.txt in there!

We are working with itch.io to resolve the bug; there are some issues with the logic in the launcher.

We are working with itch.io support to help them resolve the situation, but in the meantime, if you have problems running the game through the launcher, here's what to do:

We've added the following to our FAQ:

• If you've already downloaded the game via the launcher, look for AvenColony.exe in your itch install directory (or search on your hard drive if you don't know where that is).  It should say 0.1.12852 BETA in the lower left corner when you run the game.
  • Failing that, we recommend downloading directly from the itch.io website.  Players who download directly, without using the launcher, are reporting no issues.

ReplyQuote
hugbee
07/09/2016 11:17 pm  

used winzip and Alzip never had and issues before 

ReplyQuote
hugbee
07/09/2016 11:19 pm  

no such file on Hdd 

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 11:59 pm  

It should be a simple zip file. Windows will auto-extract that by just right clicking -> Extract All

ReplyQuote
hugbee
08/09/2016 12:18 am  
Posted by: satoru

It should be a simple zip file. Windows will auto-extract that by just right clicking -> Extract All

yah you would think.  but what is with only one txt file in it

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3 Prev Next

Working

Please Login or Register