Forums

How'd this game slip through?  

RSS

NdWar
29/08/2016 3:18 pm  

I've been keeping an eye on city building games to add to my YouTube channel (NdWar) or maybe stream, and I had not heard of this one till Blitzkriegsler's video.

Seriously, what the hell! Where have you been hiding this one?

It looks great so I can't wait for launch to see how it plays, especially with the latest Anno letting me down. 

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
29/08/2016 4:03 pm  
Posted by: NdWar

I've been keeping an eye on city building games to add to my YouTube channel (NdWar) or maybe stream, and I had not heard of this one till Blitzkriegsler's video.

Seriously, what the hell! Where have you been hiding this one?

It looks great so I can't wait for launch to see how it plays, especially with the latest Anno letting me down. 

Thanks for the kind words, NdWar!

We just announced last Thursday (August 25).  We've been keeping a very tight lid on this for a long time 🙂

Edited: 11 months  ago

ReplyQuote
NdWar
29/08/2016 4:32 pm  

A very tight lid! 

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote
Vexare
30/08/2016 12:03 pm  

Yeah this was definitely a stealth-mode development. Well done! I saw a link on the base-building games subreddit to a first-look video a few days back, so word is spreading fast after your release announcement. I immediately came and signed up for your forums because this is the kind of game I absolutely love and would like to participate in the beta. I'm not even going to confess how many hours I've sunk into Anno 2070 which was my all-time favorite in that series. Your assets art and environmental graphics look fantastic. I watched Biffa starting out on it on youtube. He's funny and laid back, my style.

Keep up the great work and please update your main page to reflect development stage, beta participation or early access opt-in options. I'm ready! 

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote
pguyton
30/08/2016 4:31 pm  

i'm going to grab this ! looks great

I hope you guys can solve the late game issue many colony games have - most are very fun in the start but become boring and repetitive in the long run 

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote
NdWar
31/08/2016 9:21 am  

@Vexare: I'd love to be a Beta player too, I'd be able to showcase this on my own channel and may even stream it. However I can understand that they want to keep this to a select few people to begin with, keep things easier to manage and what not.

Also I can't do any normal videos for a few more weeks, let alone stream or do promotional stuff like this. So much has happened in such a short time for me!

ReplyQuote
Vexare
03/09/2016 12:30 am  
Posted by: NdWar

@Vexare: I'd love to be a Beta player too, I'd be able to showcase this on my own channel and may even stream it. However I can understand that they want to keep this to a select few people to begin with, keep things easier to manage and what not.

Also I can't do any normal videos for a few more weeks, let alone stream or do promotional stuff like this. So much has happened in such a short time for me!

It's only a few days away from being available (Beta) to everyone anyways - September 7th, less than a week from now! It won't be on Steam yet but I don't care, I'm getting it as soon as it's available to start playing/testing. I'm not looking for media/streaming/youtube access anyways. I just want to be a part of feedback and play testing from the beta phase. 

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote
Wolfe Fumblepaw
03/09/2016 9:21 am  

I never saw anything about this game before, too.

Was quite surprised to stumble about it on youtube.

Registered here and on itch (which i didn't knew, too).

Glad to see that itch is accepting paypal, so even if i don't know if i got much time the next few weeks, i will have

a look at the beta-build for sure.

The game looks very good and the graphic is absolute lovely.

Best of luck and prosper for this project, it looks very, very promising.

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote
Moocats
04/09/2016 4:39 pm  
Posted by: pguyton

I hope you guys can solve the late game issue many colony games have - most are very fun in the start but become boring and repetitive in the long run 

I had those same thoughts. The Sandbox environment is grand and all but I think Anno got it right as your sandbox was still within structured liner single player campaigns. This kept the games engaging. Of course a free build sandbox option was there too along with Co-op game play.

Having just a sandbox with basic mission objectives such as the ones I've so far seen in the closed beta won't be enough. Please do consider that their needs to be a good story to maintain play-ability. As pguyton said, they get very repetitive and bore people quickly without. Just look at Planetbase. A good idea that became boring fast.

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
04/09/2016 5:14 pm  
Posted by: Moocats

I had those same thoughts. The Sandbox environment is grand and all but I think Anno got it right as your sandbox was still within structured liner single player campaigns. This kept the games engaging. Of course a free build sandbox option was there too along with Co-op game play.

Having just a sandbox with basic mission objectives such as the ones I've so far seen in the closed beta won't be enough. Please do consider that their needs to be a good story to maintain play-ability. As pguyton said, they get very repetitive and bore people quickly without. Just look at Planetbase. A good idea that became boring fast.

Hi Moocats -- I'm not sure quite how to address your comment as there seems to be some misunderstanding in there.

There is a single-player campaign with mission objectives and a story.  There's also a sandbox mode where you can pick either minimal mission objectives, or none at all, and you can play any sandbox mission at any time.  As a player, you can play one or the other or both or pick and choose in any order.

As for whether it will become repetitive, perhaps it's best to wait for the beta to actually begin before worrying too much about that.

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
04/09/2016 5:14 pm  
Posted by: Wolfe Fumblepaw

I never saw anything about this game before, too.

Was quite surprised to stumble about it on youtube.

Registered here and on itch (which i didn't knew, too).

Glad to see that itch is accepting paypal, so even if i don't know if i got much time the next few weeks, i will have

a look at the beta-build for sure.

The game looks very good and the graphic is absolute lovely.

Best of luck and prosper for this project, it looks very, very promising.

Thanks so much, Fumblepaw!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Moocats
07/09/2016 9:33 am  
Posted by: Paul Tozour

Posted by: Moocats

Hi Moocats -- I'm not sure quite how to address your comment as there seems to be some misunderstanding in there.

There is a single-player campaign with mission objectives and a story.  There's also a sandbox mode where you can pick either minimal mission objectives, or none at all, and you can play any sandbox mission at any time.  As a player, you can play one or the other or both or pick and choose in any order.

As for whether it will become repetitive, perhaps it's best to wait for the beta to actually begin before worrying too much about that.

Your reply satisfied my concerns on that issue. It wasn't all together clear in the small amounts of beta footage if we where looking at a linear campaign or just simple scenario's with little if any connection to one another.

ReplyQuote
Risetta
08/09/2016 7:27 am  

I stumbled on this game but I already forgot the article that mentioned it lol. Anyways, I've been obsessed over Cities:Skylines with 300+hrs put into it and more than 1500 assets and mods downloaded. Some sheer luck this game found me and I've been watching it for a few weeks now and as soon as I came home I bought it and now I'm obsessed! Thanks for this game, and I can't wait to see where it progresses!

Paul Tozour and Vexare liked
ReplyQuote
Vexare
08/09/2016 2:33 pm  
Posted by: Risetta

I stumbled on this game but I already forgot the article that mentioned it lol. Anyways, I've been obsessed over Cities:Skylines with 300+hrs put into it and more than 1500 assets and mods downloaded. Some sheer luck this game found me and I've been watching it for a few weeks now and as soon as I came home I bought it and now I'm obsessed! Thanks for this game, and I can't wait to see where it progresses!

This game combines a lot of the fun of City Skylines but more small-scale/relaxed I think and it also has a lot of the Anno 2070 feel to it which was one of my all-time favorite colony/city management builders. I am obsessed now too. I wasn't going to go in on the itch.io thing, was really on the fence since I've never used that platform before but decided to go for it and am really enjoying the game so far. Very polished, very aesthetically pleasing and enjoyable atmosphere to build in. 

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register