Forums

[Solved] I can't find where the game was extracted to.  

RSS

SpankyStL
24/09/2016 9:56 pm  

I can't find the game.  I searched my hard drive for anything with "aven" or "avencolony" but that didn't help.  From reading other posts I see that the game extracts to "appdata/roaming", but I still can't find it.  Any help?

Maybe a general, basic "how to install" would help.  I did see somewhere that I was to locate a certain file in the zip folder, and I ran it.  I can't get past that.

ReplyQuote
SpankyStL
24/09/2016 10:31 pm  

Follow-up:  I downloaded the zip.  As per instructions, I located the download, and then went into the directory Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us and found the file "UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe".  I double-clicked and then had the options "extract" or "run", I selected "run".  I got the screen to agree to terms and conditions, clicked "x" in the box to accept, and it installed successfully (Setup Successful).  After that, I don't know where to find it all.

ReplyQuote
SpankyStL
25/09/2016 7:29 am  

Hold on.  I thought Itch was something else, like a file server, now I realize it's a gaming service (like Steam).  I've now downloaded Itch,  and clicked on Aven Colony in my library -- it's installing now.

I do wonder though, everywhere it says to use a particular version of Itch, and the place I found to download it is a version later than the one they recommend.  Is that going to work?

ReplyQuote
SpankyStL
25/09/2016 11:46 am  

It works fine now. 

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
30/09/2016 3:16 pm  

The recommendation to use at least a specific version of the itch.io client was due to a bug in the client that caused issues when trying to extract the game. That issue was resolved in a specific version which is why the notification is there, just to ensure users are running the right client to extract the game properly.

Note you can change where itch.io downlaods and installs games in the settings menu of the client. Normally its in %appdata% which isn't super intuitive for most people.

Wherever you go there you are

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register