Forums

Public beta is up  

RSS

Hargir
07/09/2016 6:41 pm  

I just bought it 🙂

More than a tad earlier than announced, but I am not complaining 🙂 Buying on Itch.io was easy, and game was unlocked immediately. No hassles at all. Never bought anything off that store before, but this won't be the last time I use their service.

I am not against Steam, but competition is healthy 🙂

Edited: 11 months  ago

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
07/09/2016 7:39 pm  

That is a well deserved 'first' 🙂

Wherever you go there you are

ReplyQuote
Seafort
07/09/2016 10:35 pm  

itch.io pricing is a bit misleading. 

It says $24.99 on front page but I actually have to pay $29.99 due to VAT as I live in UK.

I may still buy the game but I prefer the correct price on front page not finding out after there's tax on top as well.

ReplyQuote
satoru
Eminent Member
08/09/2016 12:48 am  
Posted by: Seafort

itch.io pricing is a bit misleading. 

It says $24.99 on front page but I actually have to pay $29.99 due to VAT as I live in UK.

I may still buy the game but I prefer the correct price on front page not finding out after there's tax on top as well.

That's more about how itch.io handles VAT. Due to last year's EU requirement to report VAT on a per-country basis, this has cause a lot of fun with regard to taxation and reporting and collection (and by 'fun' I mean 'being viciously kicked in the gonads by an army of apes wearing steel toed boots laced with rusty nails') itch.io allows you to deal with this in a few ways

1) itch.io will give you all the money from the sale, give you all the necessary reporting to report on quarterly basis to MOSS. This is the part where we pour tabasco sauce on your wounds.

2) Have itch.io collect it for you and they withold the VAT stuff and do all the fun VAT reporting for you

As you can imagine, unless you're a glutton for punishment #2 sounds a lot nicer to deal with. As such itch.io basically calculates the VAT required depending on where you live and then charges you appropriately. Then collects and dispenses that VAT to MOSS on a quarterly basis as they are required to do.

The problem seems to be that itch.io doesn't seem to be able to pre-calculate the VAT price since this is region dependent and is only calculated on checkout.

Wherever you go there you are

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register