Forums

What does the food counter tell?  

RSS

Miraak
Eminent Member
15/09/2016 9:56 pm  

Right now I wonder what does this food counter try to tell me. I have 17,128 food in storage and the counter tells me I will loose food over the time. But that's not correct. Even I have constantly a "deficit" between -8 and -15, the food is still increasing in the storage. So what does that mean?

Edited: 11 months  ago

ReplyQuote
SRombauts
15/09/2016 10:44 pm  

Hi!

I believe it's trying to tell you that you don't produce enough "edible" crops (ie. directly consumable food): +34.4 vs 42.7 consumed hourly. But you are producing much more "inedible" crops that just get stored.

So you could re-assign your greenhouses to produce more food, or you could transform inedible crops using a mill and a chemical plant.

Cheers! 

Unreal Engine 4 hacker, author of the Git Source Control Plugin

@SRombauts on Twitter

ReplyQuote
Miraak
Eminent Member
15/09/2016 10:51 pm  

That could be, but then... why does the edible crops doesn't really count? And also I would think the food should increase much faster when I have about 50 food per hour overproduction - but it increase not that fast. At least that's my feeling.

ReplyQuote
SRombauts
15/09/2016 11:13 pm  

Yes, I could be wrong, I've never observed such a strange behaviors myself, but didn't pay enough attention to the real figures...

Unreal Engine 4 hacker, author of the Git Source Control Plugin

@SRombauts on Twitter

ReplyQuote
bluesaka111
Eminent Member
21/09/2016 2:10 am  

Actually, the food did not count those inedible crops. But it does count edible that makes from them.
For example:

• You produce 1000 wheat per hour and your Mill turn it into 1000 bread per hour (if you can effort the amount of power)
  • You produce 120 of each edible crops ~ 720 edible per hour.
  • Your consumption around 1813 per hour
    • Your food per hour = -93 food per hour.

But since colonist will self change their job and start working on farms / green houses if the food start to fall so your food in your storage will still rise for a while if you build greenhouse / farm with apartment nearby. But if your colonist continue to rise, your food in your storage will start to crash and belie me, once it start, it really hard to stop.

Like a locomotive with rocket engine continue to accelerate down from top of a mountain. And when food per colonist drop too low or reach 0, your colonist will start to protest and they wont work -> Power down -> air quality drop -> water level drop -> everything drop except crime -> your colonist will start to die and when no colonist left -> Game over.

So if you want to avoid this: Try to keep your colonist happy until you win your first election to have access to "Martial Law policy" that tell colonist to stop protesting and continue working which is essential during your next 5 sol.

And try to build your solar in this formation below so that your colony still have enough power even if your geothermal worker start to protesting [ if you are not unlock "Martial Law Policy" yet ].

Paul Tozour liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register