Forums

Eden Crater Madness  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

LadyAquanine735
Trusted Member
01/04/2017 9:57 pm  

Thank you so much for looking into this!  It was driving me nuts, not knowing what was wrong.  I can't wait to try it again soon. 

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
01/04/2017 10:07 pm  

OK -- One issue I am seeing is that the version on itch.io hasn't been updated to 17105.  We removed it from sale but that ALSO made it stop downloading / updating new versions -- sigh.

So ...  I recommend switching to Steam ASAP!

ReplyQuote
LadyAquanine735
Trusted Member
02/04/2017 4:21 am  

Thank you, I'll do just that :).

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
02/04/2017 8:24 pm  

OK, I started a new colony on Eden Crater and I can definitely see the issues you're talking about.  Most of the problem comes from the fact that alien crops have low "food quality," and when they have to subsist on alien crops alone, it lowers morale quite a bit.  Working to get it resolved; in the meantime, I recommend holding off on Eden Crater 🙂

ReplyQuote
LadyAquanine735
Trusted Member
02/04/2017 10:48 pm  

That's perfectly fine :).  I got the Steam version and am taking your advice and starting with a clean slate.  Just finished with Vanaar again and am working on Sandy Gulch.  It's different with all the new features :).

ReplyQuote
Zero
 Zero
09/04/2017 8:25 pm  

How are you able to access Eden Crater? I thought the mission wasn't available yet?

ReplyQuote
LadyAquanine735
Trusted Member
09/04/2017 11:48 pm  

I was excited about the new missions and played through them.  I played Arido Mesa (actually wrote a few tips on getting all the refugee colonists down safely on here), then I played the Kelori Strand, which is also a gorgeous spot on the planet.  It's basically a large peninsula next to an inland sea in the tropical regions of Aven Prime.  My only pet peeve about it is all the little lakes in the northwest part of the peninsula.  You have to build in other areas, but at least the place is rich in resources. 

I then played the Valley of Death (which is surprisingly green and full of life).  That was an interesting map because it's in a gigantic canyon in the desert, and the sand worms there come out of spots that had nothing to do with underground tunnels!  It was so surprising to see them coming out of my farm fields, or my downtown areas.  If that were real, I'd be terrified and running with the other colonists.  The really tricky thing about the map was, you had to build two exploration ships, and equip them with advanced tech you could develop in a Tier 2 Research Center.  The reason you needed two was because you had to deal with colonial rebels that had formed a dangerous cult, and often just one exploration vehicle was not enough to stop the various groups on the planetary map.  So then, I finished that map, and was excited about unlocking and coming to the most alien spot on the whole planet: Eden Crater.

More like Crap Crater or Bust.  The biggest problem with this map, is the fact you can't grow earth crops there.  I didn't realize how big an issue it was until I found out that a.) Alien food tastes terrible and you need a bunch of bars in bistro mode, and b.) the farms or greenhouses don't yield much of said crops.  The whole situation puts your colonists in a bad mood, and it's difficult to please them. 

Several times I've nearly gone crazy trying to not only get enough food, but try and keep up with my settlement's other needs as well.  They seriously need to lower the amount of nanites needed for storehouses.  Either that, or create a separate storage facility for water.  I hear that it's water that fills up the storehouses so quickly, and it's irritating to have to waste nanites on a ton of storehouses when you desperately need them for other things.  

So for now, Eden Crater needs some work. 

Zero liked
ReplyQuote
Zero
 Zero
22/04/2017 2:52 am  

I cleared Tenari Glacier but Arido Mesa is still unplayable. Do I have to clear Vanaar?

ReplyQuote
LadyAquanine735
Trusted Member
22/04/2017 4:29 am  

They locked the later maps :(, though the devs have a good reason for this.  They have to re-work some parts of the later maps.  See if you can get the sandbox version of Arido Mesa, I was able to play that one today.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register