Forums

[Solved] Unable to Run Aven Colony  

RSS

BigRed
24/01/2017 3:59 pm  

Hi,

I only just bought the game today then registered and installed the itch.io launcher. I didn't get any errors in the download or install but the game just won't start. I have uninstalled the game, redownloaded the game, installed it, uninstalled the UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe and restarted, re-installed UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe and restarted.

Same issue everytime - it says it's launching the game through itch.io and I get the splash screen for the game then it vanishes and is replaced with an error box showing an issue which I fill in the details on and send the error report - error is detailed below:

MachineId:8DF237854B203CCC92264E8964B85A45

EpicAccountId:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

AvenColony!UGameViewportClient::SetViewportOverlayWidget()

AvenColony!UGameEngine::CreateGameViewportWidget()

AvenColony!UGameEngine::CreateGameViewport()

AvenColony!UGameEngine::SwitchGameWindowToUseGameViewport()

AvenColony!FDefaultGameMoviePlayer::WaitForMovieToFinish()

AvenColony!UOCGameInstance::Init() [s:\teamcity\buildagent\work\avenprimeofficialbuild\game\source\avencolony\private\ocgameinstance.cpp:44]

AvenColony!UGameEngine::Init()

AvenColony!FEngineLoop::Init()

AvenColony!GuardedMain()

AvenColony!GuardedMainWrapper()

AvenColony!WinMain()

AvenColony!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]

kernel32

ntdll

I use Nvidia GeForce Experience so my drivers are all up-to-date. Itch.io version is V23.1.0

Any ideas?

ReplyQuote
BigRed
24/01/2017 6:19 pm  

Guys, after a quick mail to the support guys my issue is now resolved! A huge thank you to Neil for his very quick reply and instant fix!

I am using Windows 10 Pro N 64bit - which of course means that I didn't have the Windows Media Framework installed as standard. I thought I had it as I had a fight in the past with Microsoft over this (story for another time) but it was maybe out of date. 

So if there are others that can't get the game to launch and have Windows 10 Pro N 64bit then the below may well work for you too (supplied by and thansk to Neil over at Mothership Entertainment):

Please run Windows Update and make sure that you're fully updated, and then you should be able to go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356 and download and install the KB3133719-x64.msu.msu (which is visible after clicking the "Download" button).

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register