Forums

Crop previews even when not connected to road.  

RSS

Mansen
09/09/2016 2:39 pm  

This one bugged me a lot while playing the first map - To be able to see the expected crop yield, the building needs to touch a tunnel. Would be great if it would just show it anyway, so you don't have to build tunnels in patterns temporarily to maximize yield.

ReplyQuote
llama
09/09/2016 2:56 pm  

Good idea. I don't want to build tunnels just to see how many crops I can grow on a certain place.

ReplyQuote
pinback
09/09/2016 4:18 pm  

Yes!  This was gonna be at the top of my suggestion list, but y'all beat me to it.

ReplyQuote
pinback
09/09/2016 6:17 pm  

Now, you CAN see the expected output in the right-hand pane, in the details, as you move the cursor around.  It's just nice seeing the percentage on your cursor.

ReplyQuote
Mansen
10/09/2016 11:58 am  

Good to know. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
10/09/2016 6:00 pm  

Yeah, we've gone back and forth on this very issue quite a lot internally; we do want to make this info readily apparent to players but based on all our focus testing, we felt the need to be very cautious in making sure that new players wouldn't place buildings separate from the colony where they wouldn't get any power or workers.

Probably what we'll do is bring the numbers back but make them grey and put them in parentheses beneath "Not Connected to Colony" so it's still very clear that it's a mistake to place it there unless you also eventually connect them to the colony somehow.

Edited: 11 months  ago

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register