Forums

Ideas to make the buildings more User-Friendly  

RSS

LadyAquanine735
Trusted Member
20/12/2016 12:06 am  

I had a couple of ideas regarding buildings.  One feature that I remember from Zeus/Poseidon, and Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, was the ability to cycle between buildings.  This was mostly just for storehouses and trade posts, but a few other building types had this feature too.  You could add arrows to the sides of the menus brought up for some buildings, like farms, and the player could cycle between farms.  I sometimes have trouble finding the other farms and greenhouses when one goes into "Farm Mode," especially when clicking on one farm.  Perhaps you could modify that mode and make it so all farms on the map show up, while the other building just show their footprints.  

Another problem I found is, the Mill and the Chemical plant both have too much stuff to do.  Is it possible to assign one job to the Mill/Chemical plant, and have duplicates of said buildings make other things?  That would help a lot when all you have to make nanites is Kelko Sludge (an issue I've had to deal with in the Hyla's Crescent campaign). 

raddoni liked
ReplyQuote
raddoni
20/12/2016 9:10 am  

All true! It would also help identifying which buildings have not been upgraded to the upper tier yet. 

And yes, Kelko Sludge for the Chem Plant is one thing, Flour is another product requiring its own Mill. Otherwise that will be an everlasting annoyance.

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
20/12/2016 8:19 pm  
Posted by: LadyAquanine735

I had a couple of ideas regarding buildings.  One feature that I remember from Zeus/Poseidon, and Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, was the ability to cycle between buildings.  This was mostly just for storehouses and trade posts, but a few other building types had this feature too.  You could add arrows to the sides of the menus brought up for some buildings, like farms, and the player could cycle between farms.  I sometimes have trouble finding the other farms and greenhouses when one goes into "Farm Mode," especially when clicking on one farm.  Perhaps you could modify that mode and make it so all farms on the map show up, while the other building just show their footprints.  

Another problem I found is, the Mill and the Chemical plant both have too much stuff to do.  Is it possible to assign one job to the Mill/Chemical plant, and have duplicates of said buildings make other things?  That would help a lot when all you have to make nanites is Kelko Sludge (an issue I've had to deal with in the Hyla's Crescent campaign). 

That's a good idea.  So, like a "cycle to next building of this type" key?  Sounds easy enough  ...

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register