Forums

Some feedback after play test beta version  

RSS

bluesaka111
Eminent Member
08/09/2016 12:34 pm  
  • The game performance problems:
    1. Cause CPU spike when building durability sprite appear
    2. Sometimes freeze when crisis happen while player want to build or upgrade something.
    3. More lag if there some entertainment structure or drone controller or low-on-power structure within player view due to lighting effects.
  • Game mechanic (suggestion):
    1. Set batteries to automatically provide power when colony power supply is low and recharge when colony have enough powers from generators.
    2. Allow Lightning rod to provide power directly into colony grid or charge batteries.
    3. Game weather event:
      1. Shard storms: If shards made from water then during shard storms, water pumps and atmosphere condensers gain 0.1 - 0.15 extra water per tile if nearby tiles hit by shards. If not then you can ignore this suggestion.
      2. Thunderstorm: Destroy tunnel, cause damage to structure and render small generators unable to operate  for short amount of time.
  • Game balance (suggestion):
    1. Greenhouse:
      1. Lower default consumption but uses 1.7 times during winter.
      2. Production during winter drop down to 75% - 50% depending on where they build on.
    2. Tunnel:
      1. Allow player to upgrade then one to slightly improve colonist travel moral and slightly increase its durability.

That enough for now, i guess 😀

Vexare liked
ReplyQuote
Vexare
08/09/2016 1:18 pm  

Good list and I agree with most of it, especially power consumption management and batteries. They are a weak spot for me in understanding good power flow systems. Better indications or upgrade to automated switching from storing to releasing definitely needed. 

Food stores dropping drastically in the winter is an ok challenge but I find even when I have a huge surplus in summer I'm still struggling in winter even with adequate greenhouses so I do think there's some balancing to be done there as well. Great idea about tunnel upgrades. "Moving sidewalks" (like in big airports) would be a nice upgrade when you can afford it and it should be expensive to run. 

ReplyQuote
bluesaka111
Eminent Member
08/09/2016 2:02 pm  

Moving sidewalks like in airport? Yeah it would be a nice upgrade but for people who plays on Azana Fall or map with long winter season like me then it will cause a big power problem (if dev decide to increase its power consumption from 1 to 4 then i screw up). And since structures will blink its light when low on power, it also cause a lot of lag.

I just hope the next update will change those light indicator into static ones (yellow as normal and red as low on power) instead. 

Edited: 11 months  ago

ReplyQuote
Vexare
08/09/2016 2:18 pm  
Posted by: bluesaka111

Moving sidewalks like in airport? Yeah it would be a nice upgrade but for people who plays on Azana Fall or map with long winter season like me then it will cause a big power problem (if dev decide to increase its power consumption from 1 to 4 then i screw up). And since structures will blink its light when low on power, it also cause a lot of lag.

I just hope the next update will change those light indicator into static ones (yellow as normal and red as low on power) instead. 

Obviously moving sidewalks would be a luxury only affordable by those colonies with the highest levels of energy output and to be used sparingly (main traffic arteries). If you're playing a map that consumes more energy you may not be able to afford them and obviously they're not mandatory. The tunnels wouldn't need power indicators every single segment, maybe just at intersections where powered sidewalks connect to non-powered ones. I'm not thinking these would be something you'd have throughout the entire colony - just certain high traffic zones. 

ReplyQuote
bluesaka111
Eminent Member
08/09/2016 2:59 pm  

nah, my suggestion is about replace tunnel ground with mini steel balls so colonist can travel faster instead of walking, not the ones that use power in airports 🙂 so developers dont have to make 2 identical structure "Tunnel" normal one and one with Sidewalks.

But they can also add a transport station into game later if players want but right now i dont think it is neccessary 😀
And there's power in tunnel, if someone says : "Hey, why dont you change how tunnel consume power in winter?" then it will leads to:

1. Tunnel will consume no power during summer and one during winter (due to heater installation in upgrade X) - not going to happen
  2. Tunnel will consume 1 power during summer and 1 or more during winter - this more likely to happen but with current generators i dont think people can have enough solar generators to feed them. Unless they add research system with unlock structure benefits like increase solar generator power production in winter or something like that. The game defeat me in mid winter of Sol 63 - x2 speed but if this happen then nobody can survive that long.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register