Forums

trade need improvement  

RSS

kelmen
04/10/2016 4:00 pm  

current trade hub is like practically like "mission" hub

once u done with the trade missions, it is useless

u should introduce something dynamic or random to trade

like once a while a trade ship propose to trade something randomly that u have in inventory, u can decide to make the deal or not

or a feature to export/sell stuffs that u have excess in inventory

MrData liked
ReplyQuote
MrData
05/10/2016 8:30 am  

Thumbs up for random trade, this would be nice. Randomness would bring more life to the game.

Edited: 10 months  ago

ReplyQuote
Silent_Shadow
08/10/2016 7:09 pm  

Would also be nice if it didn't ask for things you couldn't produce.

ReplyQuote
Felix Atagong
Eminent Member
15/10/2016 9:31 am  

I'm actually in a game now were I don't have any more mines. So a trade hub that would import nanites against food or medicines (I've got thousands of those) would come in handy.

ReplyQuote
bluesaka111
Eminent Member
15/10/2016 5:01 pm  

You can basically grow nanite but it way too slow but with an option to trade food / ingredients for nanites is nice if you play on maps that have small fertilized zone.

ReplyQuote
thevigilantone
13/11/2016 12:36 am  

I agree, trade could benefit from some enhancement. The ability to choose needed supplies from a list of those available from the station, or see a list of needed supplies would be great. In fact, more insight into station needs all around would add greatly to the game. The sense that they need you as much as you need them would add some excitement to the game.

I would also like to be able to use both trade ships (when i build two trade centers) to speed up the same contract. I could also see adding in objects from the surface that the colony wanted, like rare discoverable resources or something, or spices. There are all those cool looking plants and animals down there that don't affect the game at all right now.

Edited: 9 months  ago

ReplyQuote
raddoni
20/12/2016 9:29 am  

Isn't the whole point of this game to realize you are the only one there and there is no one really to trade with?

And then the difference between this game and other city building games is that it is not 'more-the better' strategy anymore as you will block your storage with some unnecessary stuff. The key strategy here is: You are not supposed to build another farm/mine unless you are sure you can utilize/consume the resources you are producing. You cannot just sell the overproduction. I see a campaign mission where the storage is actually super limited and the player has to aim on producing exactly just as much as it is consumed to survive not to block the storage. That is where this game is different... and awesome 😀

ReplyQuote
Paul Tozour
Reputable Member
20/12/2016 8:17 pm  

We'll definitely be doing another pass on trade in early 2017.  Stay tuned!

ReplyQuote
LadyAquanine735
Trusted Member
20/12/2016 11:12 pm  

I think that would be a good idea to have random little missions of the Colony Ship up in orbit in need of something from down on the planet.  I liked having little goals like that with rewards.  There are definitely things Aven Prime has that the colony ship could use, and things the ship has that the colonists down on the surface could use. 

ReplyQuote
dekeche
07/01/2017 10:15 pm  

Trade just isn't that good at this point in the game, I have never had an actual reason to build a trade hub, except when it was given as a mission. Why? Because the trade options are all bad.

• 10 Nanites for 100 rations:
    • This is bad because in the early game, where food is needed, nanites are a precious resource, and it doesn't make sense to trade 10 of them away just for 100 food. Later in the game, it makes even less sense, as why would you waste 100 units of storage on rations?
  • Iron for food
    • This is also bad, for similar reasons; iron is used to produce Nantes, so early in the game if you have any excess iron, your doing something wrong. Also, on any map with low iron resources, this option is terrible.
  • Trade mission
    • This is not as bad as the others, except that it doesn't give the player any options. It forces the player to produce a specific item, usually something the player does not have, just to utilize the trade hub.

Basically, the main problem with trade is that the player does not have any choices. Ignoring the 2 constant, but bad, trade options, the player is basically given either a scripted trade option, or a randomized trade mission. The player has no say on what they want to trade, how much they want to trade, or anything else.

So, what if the player was free to decide what they want to trade with/for, and the amounts? Basically, something like; I want to trade 100 rice for wheat, how much wheat can you give me? In addition, trades should not always end up with more material. I've never seen a trade where the player receives less material than they give. Adding these rules could also allow for some rather creative maps. For instance, what if there is a map where one food, say corn, is really good, but every other food type cannot be grown. Then, the player would be forced to get food variety through trade, perhaps at a reduced value. (say 100 corn for 50 rations). Or,  perhaps, a map with no resources that forces the player to trade for nanites.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register